Writer in Motion-My First Impressions

 


     Spooky, huh? Well, this is my first time doing Writer in Motion, and it seems so much fun! I have writer friends who have been encouraging me to do it for a while, but I've always been so busy during the summer. But this year, with the family spending more time at home, I decided "why not?" and tossed my hat in the writer's ring.

     So what is Writer in Motion? It's an event where you get a prompt, this photo, and you get to practice writing a short story based on it. You are assigned critique partners and editors who help you craft your story and improve your writing! So awesome, right?

     I'm a bit behind on all of this, of course, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this first fun prompt. And my first thoughts on this creepy picture of the man behind the smoke is....SPOOKY. What is the smoke? Is he a smoker? Naw, that's too boring. I think he's a being from another realm, who has smoke oozing from his pores. But is he a hero, or a villain? My first thoughts are definitely villain. But, that seems so cliche, like everyone will do that. Maybe he's a misunderstood hero? Or a mentor, since I like to write middle grade.

     Ok, let's go with that. He is the mentor for our main character, a young 12-year-old girl. She is scared of him at first, but he teaches her to wield her own powers that come from the elements.

     Yes, this is coming along nicely. On to the first draft....

Comments

Popular Posts